物联网与智能云研究中心成立于2019年，隶属深圳市人工智能与机器人研究院 (AIRS)。目前, 设立于香港中文大学（深圳）校内。本中心致力于融合高性能超算机群、智能云, 与物联网等技术，面向粤港澳产业界建设一个大规模智能产业云与工业数据中心，并研发 5G, AI, IoT 在工业升级方面的相关应用。
Our research highlights cognitive computing, deep learning, and algorithms for big data in the context of smart applications integrating IoT and cloud such as product optimization, material allocation, manufacturing process management, logistical planning, smart city, social media analytics, cognitive internet of vehicles, 5G cognitive system. We try to fulfill the objectives including the following goals.
· Develop a cloud-based supply chain management system which combines AI chips, IoT sensors, and robotic intelligence;
· Implement cognitive computing and smart manufacturing to strengthen the supply chain management and its civilian utilization;
· Access the big data in industry and finance, which are protected by data privacy regulations, to facilitate a joint of the public cloud and the hybrid cloud;
· Combine HPC cloud with 5G edge computing to update the application of big data analytics and IoT;
· Conduct interactive experiments on robots, autonomous vehicles and boats on the cloud platform and 5G IoT.
Recent and Best Cited Papers:
1. Y. G. Li, Y. Chung, K. Hwang, and Y.J. Li, “Virtual Wall: Filtering Rootkit Attacks To Protect Linux Kernel Functions,” IEEE Trans. Computers, submitted Jan. 2020, just revised for publication 2020.
2. Q. Liu, M. Li, J. Yang, J. Lv, K. Hwang, M. Hossain, G. Muhammad, “Joint Power and Time Allocation in Energy Harvesting of UAV Operating System”, Journal of Computer Communications, Vol. 150, pp. 811-817, 2020.
3. M. Chen, Y. Jiang, N. Guizani, J. Zhou, G. Tao, J. Yin, K. Hwang, “Living with I-Fabric: Smart Living Powered by Intelligent Fabric and Deep Analytics”, IEEE Network, accepted to appear 2020.
4. T. Hao, Y. Huang, X. Wen, W. Gao, F. Zhang, C. Zheng, L. Wang, H. Ye, K. Hwang, Z. Ren, J. Zhan, “Edge-AIBench: Towards Edge Computing Benchmarking”, BenchCouncil 2019.
5. M. Chen, Y. Hao, C. Lai, D. Wu, Y. Li, and K. Hwang, “ Opportunistic Task Scheduling over Co-located Clouds in Mobile Environment”, IEEE Trans. Service Computing, Vol.11, 2018, pp. 549-561. in (in highly cited list)
6. L. Hu, Y. Jiang, K. Hwang, et al, “Follow Me Robot-Mind: Cloud Brain based Personalized Robot Service with Migration”, Future Generation Computer Systems, Vol. 107, June 2020, pp. 324-332.
7. D. Fang, X. Guan, B. Hu, Y. Peng, M. Chen and K/ Hwang, “ Deep Reinforcement Learning for Scenario Based Robust Economic Dispatch Strategy in Internet of Energy”, 2020.
8. X. Wang, M. Chen, V. Leung, Z. Han, and K. Hwang, “Integrating Social Networks with Mobile Device-to-Device Services”, IEEE Trans. on Service Computing, Vol.11, No.12, Dec. 2018.
9. M. Chen, K. Hwang, et al, “A 5G Cognitive System for Healthcare”, Journal of Big Data and Cognitive Computing, No.2, Vol.1, March 2017.
10. K. Hwang, X. Bai, Y. Shi, M. Li, W.G. Chen, and Y. Wu, “Cloud Performance Modeling with Benchmark Evaluation of Elastic Scaling Strategies”, IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Jan. 2016 (cited 115 times)
11. K. Hwang and D. Li, “ Trusted Cloud Computing with Secure Resources and Data Coloring”, IEEE Internet Computing, 2010,(cited 416 times).
12. R. Zhou and K. Hwang, “PowerTrust: A Robust and Scalable Reputation System for Trusted Peer-to-Peer Computing”, IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2007, pp.460-473. (cited 912 times).
1. Cloud Computing for Machine Learning and Cognitive Applications. by Kai Hwang. The MIT Press, 2017.
2. 黄铠，云计算系统与人工智能应用，机械工业出版社，2018。(Translated edition of the above MIT Press book).
3. Big-Data Analytics for Cloud, IoT and Cognitive Computing. by Kai Hwang Kai and Min Chen, Wiley Publishers, 2017,
4. 陈敏, 黄铠，认知计算与深度学习：基于物联网云平台的智能应用，机悈工业出版社，2018。(Translated edition of the above Wiley book) .